The Institute is looking for a motivated, upbeat individual to help maintain a clean work environment inside and out, and assist with occasional light exhibition prep, troubleshooting and fabrication for a small non-profit organization. This position is ideal for an artist or student seeking a second job. Hours can be scheduled around pre-existing commitments but will require regular visits to the space to adequately care for the garden (10-15 hours per week). Applicants must be 18 or older. Qualified women to are encouraged to apply.
- Dependability and Reliability.Demonstrates accountability by consistently being a team player. Reports for all shifts as scheduled, and provides ample notice of all absences, scheduling back-up when necessary. *Occasional weekend shifts required.
- Communicates Effectively. Must be prompt and independent but be keen to report to other staff members when necessary. Must have a valid and active e-mail account that is checked regularly.
- Organization and Time Management. Assesses work load and completes all tasks in a timely manner
- Ingenuity, Flexibility and Adaptability. Views unknown situations with a critical lens, and welcomes frequent change. Is able to ask questions, take initiative and solve problems creatively.
- Attention to Detail. Takes pride in a job well done. Completes tasks with minimal errors and proactively takes steps to correct problems before they occur.
- Must own or have use of a licensed and insured automobile (preferably a truck) as well as a Valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record in order to run errands and pick up appropriate materials.
- Ability to make minor repairs to facilities and equipment as needed, including (but not limited to) patching leaks, changing light switches, painting and sparkling.
- Basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills are a plus, as is owning your own set of tools.
- Must be able to easily and safely lift and move supplies, furniture and equipment up to 50 lbs. Must also be comfortable with ladders and good with heights.
- Interest in and familiarity with arts based environments (previous experience preferred
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Independent Contractor, Permanent/Indefinite, Part-Time (10-15 hours/week). Hours are flexible.
SALARY: $12-17/hour, based on experience.
TO APPLY: Please send PDF attachments of cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, and a resume with relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin reviewing applications February 16th, after which, the top candidates will be contacted for interviews. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond to emails regarding the status of employment applications. No phone calls please.