The ICI offers a number of internships year round. This is a sampling of offerings from the last 2 years. To find out what internships are currently available, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Curatorial Assistant – works with the Director in day-to-day administration of ICI projects, including an upcoming spring exhibition and a new publication project centered on Roland Barthes’ Camera Lucida.
• Archivist/Historian – will help digitize photos and documents that are part of the extensive holdings of the ICI library and Ephenera Kabinett. The intern will work closely with the ICI’s Social Media Consultant and intern as the collection is loaded onto the ICI website.
• Librarian – will help digitize the database of the ICI’s 2500+ volume library.
• Social Networking – will help maintain an internet presence for the organization through social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, and Artslant. You will also help maintain the ICI’s innovative website which launched on January 1, 2011.
• Administration – will work and meet regularly with the administrative staff and gain a firsthand understanding of the day-to-day activities of a small but ambitious art and cultural non-profit.
• Publishing – will assist with the publication of the ICI’s upcoming publication Barthes’ Myopia, which interrogates the extremely long half-life of Roland Barthes’ Camera Lucida (1980).
All interns must be curious, organized and committed to expanding traditional definitions of art and culture. Familiarity with Macintosh computer platforms is a must. Excellent writing skills and some experience with photo and/or film editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (or Quark) is highly desirable. Knowledge of WordPress and html is also recommended.
Internships are 8-10 weeks in length, and the hours and start dates are variable. A small honorarium of $500 will be awarded at the conclusion of the internship.